Monday, May 29, 2023

Upgrade to MacOS Ventura breaks things!

 My office iMac lost its Fusion Drive functionality during a past system upgrade, unbeknownst to me.  It was so so slow!  It took some online sleuthing to discover the likely cause and to organize a fix.   The office iMac has regained its speed, but in doing so I perforce upgraded to MacOS Ventura. This broke the handful of applications leftover from Fink, a software package that has kept my Macs useful since the early 1990s.  The Fink software package has never been updated to install properly in MacOS 11 (Big Sur), so installing it into Ventura would be a fool's game.  The directories have been moved around and the older files won't compile.  Luckily the Ports software package has been upgraded as MacOS has evolved, so I am switching to that.

No comments:

 
Link