Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Updated Fortran Programs for Receiver-Function Processing

Sportsfans,

After upgrading my Macs to MacOS X 10.10.4 Yosemite, I loaded the gcc5 compiler from Fink.org and started modifying my codes to compile properly with the gfortran compiler that comes with Rev5 of gcc.  Although the codes are still written mostly in the oldest flavors of Fortran, they will indeed compile and run in the new computing environment.  I will post descriptions of the updated codes over the next days, and load them into my Google Drive directory.

One update is that the RF codes that implement a moveout correction while stacking have been altered to use P-wave slowness files for the P, PKP-PKIKP and PP cases.  These files are newly computed for the iaspei91 model from the TauP codes that superseded the venerable ttimes program in the IRIS software library.  You will see that the subroutine read_ttimes opens three files in a subdirectory of an Applications folder where TauP sits.  I will upload my own versions of these slowness files to Google Drive. These files average over triplications and allow Pdiff to reach DELTA=180 and follow the PKiKP phase to its zero-slowness value at DELTA=0.

look for

taup_P.dat
taup_PP.dat
taup_PKP.dat

No comments:

 
Link